Saturday, December 27, 2008


i need to get back into writing poetry... i miss the feeling of words flowing from my brain, down my arm, out my fingers, and across the page...


how about i make the effort to write
one
poem while on break? i have time... and i know i have plenty of ideas...

so for the sake of old times, how about i post one of my older poems...

2/28/08
Late afternoon sunshine
yet the icy air fills my lungs
hair tumbling over my shoulders

Walking
head down
ice crunches beneath my sneakers
hands in pockets
eyes blinded by the golden sun
frayed jeans and worn sweatshirt clothe me
Thinking and ready
for new experiences

This dead season
leaves me feeling empty and lonely
like the branches on oak trees

My face is warmed by the sun
My soul is chilled by the wind
i walk
on and on
thinking and wanting more
knowing there is a purpose
All i need is to look up
breathe
and talk to the One
Who created me

The One who is writing
my love story
my life story
He includes the funny moments
empty moments
quiet times
my failures
and
successes
i am never alone
i have a best friend with me
every moment of the day
and night
Someone to talk to
Someone to thank for life

Sunshine makes me blink
pierces my gloom
fills my view
all i can see are rays of golden
bright
afternoon
sunshine

a fresh feeling of hope
melting through my cold soul
seeping into my heart
filling me with warmth
leaving my past like the pages in a book
i'm ready to follow the path He has for me

1 comment:

Anna Prude said...

i thank you friend.
: )