Monday, December 1, 2008

Dec. 2, 2008


in case you were hanging on to the edge of your seat last week
just dying to know how wonderful my break was,
i will finally end your misery by telling you
how refreshing, fun, and productive
the week was.
Keith and I went to NC and spent time with his family: Turkey shoot, Christmas parade, an early Thanksgiving dinner with 32 people in one home, played with babies, watched "27 Dresses" and "Expelled", met up with one of his good friends, took a ride in his '69 Chevelle, went home-idea-shopping, and ate at Bojangles... It was all such a great time!
Then we came back to WV and spent time with my family: Thanksgiving service, Thanksgiving Day with my cousins/aunt/uncle/grandma, watched "Elf", sat by the fireplace, made homemade butter, did some Christmas shopping, baked sugar cookies, decorated the tree, and watched home movies from Christmas 1994!
On Saturday, Keith went back to NC for his great-aunt's funeral. :(
I slept in then Dad took me to breakfast at Bob Evans... a special treat we've done since I was little. After yummy biscuits, hot coffee, scrambled eggs and ketchup-smothered home fries, we met up with mom and Rebekah, and went to *drumroll*
David's Bridal!!! I walked in, wide-eyed as I took in all the white shimmering satin, lace, brocade, taffeta, crystals, and tulle. A lady who worked there helped me find the dress I had in mind, took me to a dressing room and got me zipped up into a beautiful, white, satiny creation. It fit like a corset! But yes, I fit perfectly into a size 2 dress! As I stepped out of the dressing room, onto a pedestal, and was surrounded by floor-length mirrors, my heart soared and I knew that this dress was The Dress I would be wearing on my wedding day!

Now I'm back at school... blahh... only 2 weeks of classes, then finals!!
Then.. CHRISTMAS BREAK! Whoohoo :)

No comments: