Monday, October 20, 2008

old poem...


a delicate porcelain teacup

lacy veil

blue robin egg

purple crocus dusted with snow


fragile things

like

snowflakes

and fireflies

a baby's sigh


L i f e

is like

a puff of wind


lighter than breath


a raindrop poised on the tip of a branch


Life

is cradled in the hand of the One who crafted it


He meticulously designed our bodies with creativity

i wonder if He smiled while knitting me together inside my mother

He already knew every step i would take

each breath i would inhale

how many eyelashes would frame my green eyes

each little fingernail and

both tiny ears

He created each one


He didn't have an obligation to give me life


But He wanted to


He has no duty to let my

heart pump life-giving blood through my veins each day


But He does


i have one purpose

to bring glory to my Creator

my Savior and God


this is why i am alive

today

2 comments:

Pineapplelover said...

that was beautiful!! i am glad i stopped by and got to read it! keep writing for Jesus!

Rebekah said...

very good! I didn't know that was in you! keep it up!